Twyford C of E Academies Trust employed Tenet Education Services to conduct a compliant procurement process for a Cleaning Services contract which included all of the Trust’s four Secondary Schools.
The Trust’s current contract was already outsourced, and the Trust was keen to explore options to test the market to ensure compliancy with procurement and their own internal regulations.
The project was conducted via a Restricted Find a Tender route to market which was chosen as the Trust’s total spend over the life of the contract exceeded the Find a Tender threshold and also allowed the Trust’s incumbent supplier the opportunity to participate in the tender process.
Approximately 8 days of support was provided by Tenet for this project by Karis Lucano-Jones, Procurement Manager.
Tenet recommended an effective route to market that met the Trust’s required timescales. The Trust was keen to test the market and due to the value of their contract, the opportunity was advertised to the UK market whilst also providing their current supplier with the opportunity to participate in the tender process.
Support provided throughout the process included:
- producing a comprehensive tender pack including Selection Questionnaire, Invitation to Tender, Pricing Schedule, TUPE information and Contract
- co-ordinating the publication of the tender on the e-tendering portal MultiQuote
- evaluating Selection Questionnaire responses and providing feedback to suppliers
- Publication of the Invitation to Tender
- hosting a site visit with the Trust and participating suppliers
- evaluating tenders
- hosting supplier presentations
- writing a detailed recommendation report
- developing contract documents
- generally providing procurement consultancy support and guidance throughout the process
Tenet were required to provide expertise and guidance throughout the Procurement process to the Trust.
The Trust went through a compliant process in line with the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 (PCR2015 Regulations) and the result was the re-appointment of their incumbent cleaning services provider who are an experienced supplier capable of delivering the requirements of the Trust.
The process went smoothly and was handled very wellRichard Lane, Director of Finance & Operations